Kings @ Lakers Bullets:
- Vlad Radmanovic’s Ali G-style homage to Kurt Rambis and the Captain worked, as he nailed four threes.
- Trevor Ariza. Our resident stat stuffer has a chance to become an All-Star someday. He’s only 23, and if he keeps working on his stroke and ballhandling — wow. Everything else is there, especially the athletic ability and desire. 11-11 with 6 assists and 3 steals. Another great game. And the home crowd loves this kid, as it should.
- Kobe Bryant was awesome. Passing. Offensive boards. Highlight reel jams. +21 plus-minus ranking. He played under 34 minutes, too. The greatest thing about this 11-1 run is that we are keeping Kobe’s minutes way down. A rested Black Mamba come playoff time is terrible news for the rest of the league.
- 108 points allowed. No. Free. Tacos. Where’s the defense, fellas? I think they just had a hard time getting up for this one, especially with a good Sunday Night football game on. I mean, they let Bobby Brown put up 21. Did you see Whitney on the sideline screaming?
- 6 turnovers for Diaper Drew. Ouch.
- Pau and L.O. stepped up as usual. Their length, passing and versatility is what makes this team not only unique, but fun to watch. It will be interesting to see what we do with Lamar considering his impending free agent status.
- Nearly 60% from the trifecta stripe. Nobody is going to beat us with that kind of long-distance shooting.
- For more on the Kings check out Sactown Royalty, which has gotta be the best Kings joint on the Net.
(compliments of LakersMedia.com)