Man, the Pacers can score, can’t they? Granted, the Lakers could have pulled Jack Nicholson and four other fans out of the crowd to play defense like they did in the first half. Nonetheless, Obie’s teams are a lot of fun to watch. Here are my post-game thoughts:
- First off, the Celtics lost again! 2-7 in their last nine. I’m lovin’ it.
- The flip side of that coin is that the Cs lost to King James and the Cavs. The Cavs are tied with our beloved Purple and Gold for the league’s best record. I stick to my belief that we will see the LeBronites in the Finals.
- Getting back to the game, the Pacers absolutely melted down, didn’t they?
- Danny Granger guarding Kobe Bryant that late with five fouls. Did they not want him in the game to attempt back-to-back buzzer beaters?
- Then they stuck 6-foot-2 Jarrett Jack on the Black Mamba, who he backed down and hit the game winning turn-around jumper on with ease. Jack had no business sticking KB24 in that situation.
- Completing the meltdown was Jeff Foster, who completely failed to get a shot off with three second left after catching the inbounds pass when the Pacers were only down by two. Ouch.
- As we already knew, Granger is a special player. He ate Trevor Ariza up a bit.
- Pau Gasol came up big again. Shoot, El Spaniard, shoot.
- Diaper Drew also played well, putting up 20 points. The big fella is going to have to do better than five boards five boards in 31 minutes. Then again, Jeff Foster and Troy Murphy, two great rebounders, only combined for 10 rebounds. Not much glass to clean when every shot’s dropping.
- Vlad Rad is a fucking idiot. Homeboy almost single-handedly lost us the game last night. In like a one-minute span he got a technical foul and let sharpshooter Mike Dunleavy drain a wide-open three to tie the game. Can’t stand that guy.
- Meanwhile, my guy Josh Powell played extremely well in his limited burn. I’m a big fan of that kid. Due to Trev being in foul trouble, Powell actually played more minutes last night. I want to see more J.P., less Vlad Rad until Odom and Walton return. Vlad Rad is a liability defensively, and a complete liability when his outside shot isn’t falling.
- I didn’t really spot any stars in the stands after seeing Jack Black and Jason Segal kicking it the last game. Talk about a good time at the game. How much is the ticket next to those two clowns?
- Lastly, the Mamba. He passed like Chris Paul. He rebounded like LeBron. He got to the line like Paul Pierce. He hot the game winner like…well, Kobe, Last night KB24 reminded the league that there is still only one Kobe Bryant.
(compliments of LakersMedia.com)