The Lakers have now won three in a row since dropping one to the Hornets. The big story in L.A. last night — well, other than the Globes — was Andrew Bynum scoring a season high 24 points. Diaper Drew is growing up.
Some rapid-fire thoughts on the game…
- First off, the Lakers had no business playing last night with the Golden Globes and NFL Playoffs going on. I missed pretty much the whole game with everything else that was going on.
- I’m guessing that the Lakers will end up having a pretty damn good record when Drew and Pau Gasol combine for over 35 points and 20 rebounds. The put up 38 and 24 last night.
- Just when I bag on Vladi Radmanovic, he always comes back and goes off. Way to go, Vlar Rad, but keep it up for once in your life.
- Kobe Bryant’s numbers didn’t match Dwayne Wade’s, but he hit the big free throws and his team won. That’s what matters.
- Michael Beasley had a huge night. Can that kid score, or what? Not exactly a defensive whiz kid, though.
- Trevor Ariza continues his many slump. Taking advantage of that was Josh Powell, who continues to play oretty well. J.P. had 8 points, 5 rebounds and a block in 19 minutes.
- Sasha Vujacic also played well, despite a -20 plus-minus score. He shot 4-5, 2-2 from downtown, had 4 boards and 2 dimes with no turnovers. I’ll take that every night from the Machine.
- Only eight Lakers played compared to the Heat playing 11 guys. Our guys are going to have to dig down deep until we get Jordan, L.O. and Luke back.
(compliments of LakersMedia.com)