Here are the 10 things I’ll be watching during tonight’s Lakers-Rockets Game 3:
10. How much burn will Andrew Bynum get tonight? 10 minutes? 15? 20? Less than 10? Diaper Drew might be stuck in the playpen for the rest of this series.
9. Will we see the small-ball line-up of Jordan Farmar at the point, Shannon Brown at the two, Sasha Vujacic at the three and Lamar Odom at the four again? Presumably in the second quarter?
8. How many shots will Kobe Bryant take? He’s been more assassin than facilitator so far this series, and that trend will likely need to continue on the road. I fully expect him to come out as the Black Mamba. That’s why this is only eighth on my list.
7. Can Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol keep up with the likes of Carl Landry, Luis Scola and Yao Ming on the boards again?
6. Will the Rockets’ young point guards, Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry, play even better back at home?
5. After getting sent to the showers by head coach Rick Adelman, what role, if any, will Von Wafer play in tonight’s contest? And what the hell’s wrong with that kid?
4. Can Brown and Farmar effectively fill in for the suspended Derek Fisher?
3. Will Ron Artest be able to keep his temper in check and continue his hot play? He’s been absolutely on fire three games in a row.
2. Can Gasol and the Lakers get Yao Ming into early foul trouble? That might have been the key to Game 2.
1. Without Jack Nicholson and the rest of the league’s best fans cheering them on, will the Lakers be able to hang in there when the Rockets make their run?
Topics: Aaron Brooks, Andrew Bynum, Carl Landry, Derek Fisher, Houston Rockets, Jack Nicholson, Jordan Farmar, Kobe Bryant, Kyle Lowry, Lamar Odom, Los Angeles Lakers, Luis Scola, Pau Gasol, Phil Jackson, Ron Artest, Shannon Brown, Von Wafer, Yao Ming