The opening to free agency was obviously going to be met with lots of anticipation with a bit of a circus atmosphere. And when midnight struck, NBA fans were not disappointed. News came flying in from all directions with possible players the Lakers were interested in, the Dwight saga, and a surprise Mitch Kupchak meeting. Let’s recap the crazy night.
- Before the night even started, word got out that the Lakers were interested in Matt Barnes, a former Laker himself.
- As the clock struck midnight, craziness immediately ensued, first with reports that the Lakers had inquired about former Knicks big man Chris Copeland
- The flurry didn’t stop there as it was reported that the team had been in talks with another former Laker, Jordan Farmar, as well as former Rockets Carlos Delfino and Chase Budinger
- Mark Medina then reported of a conversation he had with Earl Clark’s agent about his return to LA. Clark is a free agent coming off a big-time breakout season.
- Next, another flurry of rumors with links to the Lakers included Nick Young, Francisco Garcia, and Wayne Ellington
- And before the night died down, the best news yet came out when it was revealed that, prior to Dwight Howard’s meeting with the Houston Rockets, Mitch Kupchak had swooped in and had a word with Dwight #MITCHNINJA.
- Overall at Silver Screen and Roll, they made the case to Dwight Howard as to why he should stay a Laker
- Here at Lake Show Life, we discussed the importance of Howard’s decision in regards to the Lakers future
- Earlier in the day, it was revealed that both Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant would be in attendance when the Lakers meet with Howard on Tuesday
Be sure to check in to Lake Show Life throughout the day to see any and all Lakers news and to keep updated on the Dwight Howard saga