The thoughts of next season can’t come soon enough for Lakers fans, as it means the memories of last season will be forgotten. The Lakers recent release of their preseason schedule certainly will help appease that idea.
After spending last fall in China for part of their preseason trip, this year they leave the state of California just once, and it’s for a small road trip to Las Vegas. Here’s the full schedule for the preseason.
- October 6 vs. Denver Nuggets – Valley View Casino Center – San Diego, California
- October 9 vs. Golden State Warriors – Staples Center – Los Angeles, California
- October 12 vs. Golden State Warriors – Citizens Business Bank Arena – Ontario, California
- October 16 vs. Utah Jazz – Honda Center – Anaheim, California
- October 19 vs. Utah Jazz – Staples Center – Los Angeles, California
- October 21 vs. Phoenix Suns – Honda Center – Anaheim, California
- October 22 vs. Portland Trail Blazers – Citizens Business Bank Arena – Ontario, California
- Octber 24 vs. Sacramento Kings – MGM Grand Garden Arena – Las Vegas, Nevada
With a healthy Kobe Bryant likely, a new roster, either a premier rookie or a big-name player as a result of a trade, and a brand new coach, this upcoming preseason will likely be one of the more important preseasons in recent memory.
Will we see a high-profile coach or young gun roaming the sidelines? Will Bryant be mentoring a rookie for the future or making one push for a title? Will he be playing alongside LeBron, Carmelo, or Bosh or will it be another cast of players looking for redemption similar to this year?
The real question, however, remains: is it October yet?