The Los Angeles Lakers will eventually have to start looking for cheap shots going forward!
The Los Angeles Lakers basically gave the Pelicans a molly-wopping beginning halfway through the second quarter.
- The Lakers erased a 15 point lead by cutting it to one by halftime.
- Then they ran past New Orleans with a 15-0 run late in the third quarter while forcing eight straight misses and three turnovers spanning six minutes.
- All told, the Lake Show went on a 42-15 run in 15 minutes to blow the game wide open.
- Montrezl Harrell finished with 16 points on 8-10 shooting. Most were dunks like the picture above!
- The Pelicans only scored 16 points in the third quarter.
- The Pelicans finished up 37 points overall in the second half. The Lakers matched that total in the second quarter alone!
Eventually teams are going to get more physical. After Zion gave Markieff and Montrezl chicken wings to the chops and midsection respectively, this happened.
The Los Angeles Lakers will be facing less talented teams that will take shots like these going forward. It happened with DeMarcus Cousins in Houston and as you can see here.
Dennis Schroder (12 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals!) was seen jawing back and forth with Eric Bledsoe during a timeout. Anthony Davis had to go and get him.
There will be situations where the Lakers need to send messages to the NBA that there will be consequences and retaliations. Especially with games that were not called at a high level like this one.
The Lakers have the weekend off (So does this writer!) until Monday when they greet Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors. NBA basketball is on the marquee but don’t forget the real meaning of this day.
Lake Show Life is extending it’s post-game coverage this season! There will be a short post-game report shortly after the game in addition to the extended post-game of Lake Show Life Lessons!
More championship coverage for championship fans.