Talen Horton-Tucker needs more minutes in the Los Angeles Lakers rotation!
Yes, Lake Show Life is on record recommending the Los Angeles Lakers coaching staff to give Talen Horton-Tucker consistent minutes in the rotation. No, this does not mean LeBron/AD minutes, but having him collect DNP-CDs for games at a time no longer makes sense. Whether it was the Chicago game or this one, Talen Horton Tucker does contribute on the floor.
THT filled the box score with 13 points (5-7 shooting while hitting all of his 3 point shots!) with 2 rebounds and an assist in only 14 minutes.
But his stats don’t tell the full story, it’s the confidence that he is showing on the basketball court. Notice the activity from this play here.
- THT runs off of three picks and receives the pass from Marc Gasol.
- Then he attacks the basket sucking in the defense.
- Earlier this season, this would have been a forced shot. Instead he sees Dennis Schroder in the corner and gives up the ball.
- Instead of stopping, he continues to move to the wing and gets a matchup against Blake Griffin.
- Then he uses the triple threat position to his advantage, thanks to hitting a previous 3 pointer.
- He fakes Griffin and drives to the basket and finishes strong with a layup.
Now watch this play that happened in the second half.
- LeBron starts the play in the post drawing the double team and passes to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- KCP swung the pass to Horton-Tucker.
- Instead of settling for the 3 pointer, THT again attacks the basket drawing three Pistons players.
- In the past, this is a shot, But here he hits Montrezl Harrell with a quick shovel pass for the layup.
A couple of plays like these with his willingness to compete on defense, this warrants at least 10-15 minutes a game.
The physicality of this game affected the Los Angeles Lakers. Based on the talent that Detroit has compared to the Lake Show (Not much!), they used a tactic that Lake Show Life warned it would be used at times this season. Read on to see what it is and what game started it all.