Watch a compilation of Lakers’ rookie, D’Angelo Russell’s, best highlights from the 2015-2016 season
The 2015-2016 NBA campaign is quickly coming to a close and for NBA fans everywhere that signals a few things: the playoffs, the draft, and end of the season highlight videos.
More from Lake Show Life
- Andre Drummond’s comments reveal Los Angeles Lakers’ biggest issue
- Los Angeles Lakers close out road trip with win over the Charlotte Hornets
- 3 Los Angeles Lakers who will lose the most minutes once team is healthy
- Kobe Bryant: My experience attending Kobe’s final game 5 years later
- Los Angeles Lakers: 4 lessons from bad loss to the New York Knicks
Despite getting off to a molasses slow start, largely in part to his usage, or rather, misuse, after being reinserted into the starting lineup after All-Star break, the Lakers rookie point guard has shown exactly why he deserved to go second overall in last year’s draft.
At this point, there’s no denying soon-to-be Rookie of the Year, Karl-Anthony Towns‘, dominance, averaging 18.3 points and 10.3 rebounds on 55 percent shooting in just 32 minutes a game but Russell is no slouch.
At 6’5, 200 pounds, armed with devastating court vision and impressive basketball IQ, Russell will assuredly be joining Towns on All-Star teams for years to come. Though his 13.1 points, 3.4 rebounds and 3.4 assists a game are by no means extraordinary, Russell’s highlights speak for themselves.
The Lakers may be coming off their worst defeat and season ever, but the future looks bright in Los Angeles. Stay tuned for Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle’s season highlights which will most likely be up in the near future.