The Los Angeles Lakers are looking to put together a hot stretch after revamping the roster at the trade deadline. Things started out well with a win over the Golden State Warriors but the team quickly came back down to earth with an ugly loss against the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday.
Los Angeles is running out of time as the team does not have the luxury to lose games like this. There are only 24 more games remaining and the Lakers are currently six games under .500.
Every bit of Lakers news is extremely important at this point of the season as the team looks to avoid the same fate as last season. Here is everything you need to know.
Lakers news roundup:
- After missing a third-consecutive game with a foot injury (which did not keep him from going to Super Bowl LVII), LeBron James is expected to return on Wednesday at home against the New Orleans Pelicans. Wednesday is the first leg of a back-to-back with the team hosting the Warriors on Thursday.
- Lakers fans have entered speculation mode as Anthony Davis has deleted his Instagram account as of Tuesday. Davis’ body language has been far from great in recent games, leaving many fans to wonder if there is a deeper motivation behind this.
- Darvin Ham doubled down on his insistence to use Dennis Schroder and D’Angelo Russell in the same lineup, calling the two point guards “different types of players”.
- D’Angelo Russell gave Lakers fans a post-game reality check on why this team is not meshing instantly and having the success that many fans were likely hoping for off the bat.
NBA news roundup:
- After concerns with a failed physical and whether or not the Trail Blazers disclosed full information, the Golden State Warriors have decided to go through with the Gary Payton II trade.
- The contestants for the NBA 3-Point Contest have been revealed. Damian Lillard, Jayson Tatum, Kevin Huerter, Tyler Herro, Tyrese Haliburton, Buddy Hield, Anfernee Simons and Lauri Markannen will participate in the event.
- The Philadelphia 76ers have officially signed center Dewayne Dedmon off the buyout market while the Dallas Mavericks signed Justin Holiday as well.